Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to Money Matters 101

Thanks so much for visiting Money Matters 101 where the discussion will always be about things that matter and will always strive to keep it simple and effective for your money.

I'd like to share with you my personal take on money...

Those who don't have money will always say "Money can't buy you happiness"...you can always say "Great, then give me yours!" or here's an awesome one from Bill Whittle a multi-million dollar earner with Primerica, "You just have to shop in the right places!"

Understanding that your health is everything and money is a means to an end, I know that stress over money and fear of lack of money are two contributors to some of the illnesses that affect people every day.

What do I do to overcome my daily interaction with the fear? Mmmm, well, first I'd like share part of my story and why I need to let other people know how important it is to me to be personally involved in a crusade to empower people to change their programming around their feelings and behaviors about money.

In 2003, I didn't start out to create a business or even a second income stream. I was attending college, working full-time and raising a teen-aged daughter as a single mother. My ex wasn't helping financially and I was absolutely drowning in debt.

What I wanted more than anything was to get my degree, I was only 15 credits away and I knew I could have it before the year was out. In fact, I had set my goal and planned very carefully to have my last class end in December 2003 so I would have my Bachelor's degree in time for New Year's. That would be my gift to myself.

Anyway, during all this, financially I was a mess. Way too much month left over at the end of the money and no time for a part time job unless I sacrificed either my daughter or my education. Ever happen to you?

Well, long story short, I started out in Primerica learning about money. I was a Business/Finance major who hadn't learned very much about personal finances from college study. Then, I was intrigued by the opportunity to create a business where I could be paid forever or even pass it or the income on to my daughter! All just for helping other people learn and do what I'd learned about money in Primerica.

My financial situation was forever changed by that decision to check out a co-worker's business opportunity which also allowed me the freedom to pursue a dream, preserve my time with my daughter, do something special by helping people I love and care about have a better future, self-improve and have a better quality of life.

Check out this quote: "...you can give him more in use value than the cash value of the thing you take from him." (Wallace D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich) This is the one quote that just about sums up my philosophy and why I want to share my message!

We deserve financial security and debt-freedom, to be able to dream again, pursue our goals and a better quality of life, just as I have for my family. Is it your turn to make your sure your dreams come true?

Peace Love and Abundance to all of us! And thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment