Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So You Don't Think You Can Save?

I had a very interesting conversation with a friend last week about saving money. We were discussing ways in which I might be able to help her save some cash and what she actually thought I said was to take extra money out of her pocket and save it for her.

This seems to be a common leap for most people when asked "what if you could save more money?" Communication is funny that way...what you say and what people hear are two different things but I'll save that conversation for another day.

So, the real question is this, "what if you were able to save money on something you already spend money on, part of your monthly budget, and put that savings to a better use?"

The reason I was asking her is a program I have available (in certain states) that may be able to help people get a better monthly cost for their auto & home insurance.

If you could, for instance save hundreds of dollars per year (let's say the equivalent of half a cell phone bill) and put it towards other necessary items in your budget, do you think it would be worth making a quick, free phone call?

In any case, I think most people are tapped in their budgets and it is difficult to find a way to save money out of pocket to fund your emergency savings account, retirement, or put college tuition plans in place.

This is just one idea, of a few, I know about to truly help others and would love to share with you on a personal basis depending upon your state of residence.

TTFN ~ Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment