Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm In The Business of Finding A New Job!

Last post, I advocated Home Business and Business Ownership. And, then, you said, "I am not interested in being involved with that stuff! I need a salary, I like working for other people."

Cool beans! We need people to have that focus and perspective. It keeps business healthy and competitive!

However, you need one and you're facing a lot of competition in your field and the job market is just downright fierce! Grwwwl!!

Okay, I have a few tips to share with you on getting yourself in front of an interviewer. Most of what you read will be links to other sites for more info as I haven't been on the path of job searching for a while.

We could agree the first thing you need is the killer resume even before you make the connection, right?

Here's a great site: "You Need A Better Resume" [This] is the first website that allows you to create an Internet-based, media-rich resume, build and manage an online career portfolio, and securely share professional qualifications with your customers, partners, employers and colleagues. It’s EASY, FUN and FREE!"

Is free good? I think so; if it's free, then it's for me!

And, another post for getting that resume you just created in front of someone, from Lifehacker: "Top Ten Tools for Landing a Better Job" by Kevin Purdy (Feb. 21, 2009)
"From the first Google search to the last interview, you can boost your odds at landing a better job with the right preparation. Here are our ten best tools and tips for job-seekers and career climbers."

There are other things you can do to connect with people like using "Facebook" connections and network through friends and associates. Twitter has a community and a follower/friend for people searching for positions and, there are all kinds of events and support groups to help you meet people and network.

I hope some of this helps someone with their search

No comments:

Post a Comment